What is the ESL Test?
You may need to take the Accuplacer ESL test if English is not your first language.
This test is also known as the LOEP test.
Our study guide and practice tests cover all of the skill areas on the actual Accuplacer ESL test.
ESL Practice Test and Study Guide – Book
If you would prefer a paperback book instead of a download, please visit us on Amazon.
What’s in the ESL Study Guide?
Below you will find a description of the subjects included in our Study Guide.
Our ESL Study Guide includes:
– An extensive guide of the rules of grammar most commonly tested on the test, with examples and explanations.
– Ten chapters of exercises of the aspects of grammar on the test, including verb tenses, gerunds, infinitives, sentence inversion and combination, passives, prepositions, and conditionals.
– Knowledge of high-level idioms is so important for success on the test. In fact, the test has a full section that examines your knowledge of idioms. This list provides the idioms most commonly tested on the LOEP exam, with definitions and examples.
Reading Comprehension Advice
– This part of the study guide explains the types of questions that are included on the reading section of the test and gives advice and strategies for the day of your test.
– The ESL test may include an optional listening test. For this reason, we provide you with a list of the best websites for listening practice for the exam.
Essay Writing Supplement
– You may also be asked to write an essay as part of the LOEP exam. Our study guide includes a list of essay topics like those tested on the exam.