Tips for the Test
Here are some tips that will help you to improve your performance on your exam:
1) Take care of yourself and sleep and eat well the week of your exam. It goes without saying that you cannot have good concentration if you are tired or undernourished.
2) Be absolutely sure that you know where the testing center is before the day of your test. If you cannot find the testing center on your exam day, you will give yourself an extra dose of last-minute stress that will be extremely counterproductive.
3) Get to the testing center punctually, if not in advance, before your examination is set to commence. Not only will you need to check in when you arrive, but it is also a good idea to become acquainted with your surroundings before the test starts
4) Answer the questions carefully and take your time. You will take the test without a time limit, although most students manage to finish it within 90 minutes.
5) In keeping with the computer-adaptive nature of the test, take a deep breath and answer the first few questions of the English, reading, and math parts extremely carefully. You want to avoid the computer pitching your questions at a lower skill level because this will lower your score.
6) Take some practice tests to familiarize yourself with the format of the exam.
7) It may be obvious advice, but remember to use the process of elimination if you are not confident about the correct response to a particular question.
8) There is no penalty for guessing, so answer every question before you go on to the next one.
9) Brush up on your essay writing skills before the exam.
10) Also do some extra math practice before the day of your actual test.