Want to get a free study guide?
Our free study guide provides sample questions and explanations for each type of problem covered on all seven parts of the exam.
The study guide has comprehensive examples, explanations, and sample test questions for all of the parts of the Accuplacer.
Please have a look at the second half of this page for further details on the contents of the study guide.
The study guide is provided at no extra cost with the online version of our practice tests.
Note that this offer is only for the online version of the tests.
The study guide does not come with the PDF version of the tests.
We know that economic considerations are an important factor in determining which practice materials to get.
Please have a look at our downloads website where you can compare information on the various materials that we offer:
You take our online practice tests in a secure platform that simulates the actual exam.
Please click on the link below to see a demonstration of the online version of the tests.
Our practice tests will help familiarize you with the format and flow of the actual test and will improve your testing performance.
You will be able to access the online tests for 30 days.
Our online tests have an instant feedback feature that tells you if your response was correct or not.
The instant feedback feature on the online tests gives you an explanation and test tips after each question.
If you would like our practice tests in the downloadable PDF version, please read more information about the printable PDF versions of each part of the test.
If you would prefer the materials in paperback form, please visit our paperbacks page.
Our Accuplacer Free Study Guide contains modules on the following topics:
English Grammar in the Study Guide
The English grammar part of the guide covers:
- comparatives and superlatives
- gerunds and infinitives
- correct positioning of modifiers within sentences
- correct use of the past participle and past perfect verb forms
- constructing dependent and independent clauses
The sentence building part of the publication discusses:
- how to correctly construct conditional sentences
- constructing sentences with negative inversion
- correct positioning of dependent and independent clauses
- using subordination and coordination to build sentences
- avoiding common mistakes with punctuation
Reading Skills in the Study Guide
The reading section of the guide has study tips and tricks for answering reading questions more effectively.
- It covers main idea questions and specific detail questions, which are usually the most common types of questions that you will see on the reading test.
- It also has exam tips and strategies for questions asking you to make an inference or draw a conclusion,
- It also has questions asking you about other applications, such as determining the author’s purpose.
Math Skills in the Study Guide
The math part of the publication is very extensive. It gives all of the formulas that you need for the test and provides illustrated problems for each one.
The following skills are illustrated in the arithmetic section:
- review of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- decimals, fractions, mixed numbers, and percentages
- comparison and estimation of figures
- manipulating negative numbers
- order of operations
The algebra and college-level math parts of the guide will help you with these areas:
- absolute value
- computations with integers
- exponent laws
- operations with radicals and rationals
The algebra and college math parts of the publication also illustrate these advanced mathematical concepts:
- quadratic and linear inequalities
- algebraic expressions and polynomials
- coordinate and linear geometry
- permutations and combinations
- complex numbers
- matrices and determinants
- logarithmic functions
- series and sequences
- trigonometric functions